COBRA Administration, Direct Billing, and Retiree Billing
DataPath’s Billing Solutions have been blazing a trail in the healthcare benefits administration industry since 2002. Our versatile platform features best-in-class COBRA administration (with State Continuation) along with flexible premium billing functionality for Direct and Customized Billing, and Retiree Billing.
DataPath’s versatile Direct Billing can be used for collecting premiums for group health benefits or customized for other billing needs such as leave of absence, contract employees, individual marketplace payments, parking fees, union dues, and other account-based billing purposes tailored to your market.
For your clients that offer retiree health benefits, plan administrators need a solution that easily manages changes in employment status. DataPath Retiree Billing features active-to-retiree auto enrollment, and the ability to adapt to a wide variety of specifications based on the needs of your clients.
I cannot begin to tell you how much better the reports are in your COBRA system. Other systems cannot break the premiums down by product, amount, or month paid, and that is what the clients want.
Features of our COBRA Administration Software and Billing Platform:
- Streamlined COBRA functionality – Get assistance with COBRA compliance through convenient schedule-based notice generation, legal compliance reports, and time frame tracking
- Comprehensive Account Reconciliation Capability – Enjoy integrated cash management functionality to track, remit, and reconcile payments and accounts for your clients
- Intuitive Interface – Easily make status changes from a single screen, use the undo function for rate changes and other fields, and simplify letter and report processing
- Accessible Web Portal – Conveniently access your account 24/7, communicate with employers/employees, and make online elections
- State-of-the-Art Fulfillment Services – Generate documents and notices per event timeline, with on-demand printing, proof of mailing, and more
Why should you use DataPath Billing Solutions?
You need a solution that can help you stay on top of COBRA regulatory changes, simplify billing procedures, attract and maintain new revenue streams, and remain competitive across the board.
The DataPath COBRA administration and billing platform is the only solution on the market with integrated cash management functionality. The entire premium billing process, including accepting and tracking payments, remittance to employers, and detailed account reconciliation is all done within our system. By streamlining the entire billing process, there is no need for additional software.
In addition, with flexible importing capability, you can save time on manual processing and data entry. You tell us the data elements and order, and choose the file type, and the system imports the specified data. This eliminates the repetitive need of mapping your files, as with other systems.
You can also save time by using DataPath’s fulfillment services. Automatically upload letters, notices, reports and other documents directly from your solution for printing, processing, addressing, and post office delivery.
DataPath Billing Solutions address important concerns such as these:
DataPath simplified the billing plan creation process by providing users with setup wizards and the ability to easily import census, benefit, qualifying event, and payment data. Our Retiree Billing solution automatically enrolls employees whose status changes from active to retired. Employee and group census data may also be imported from other DataPath solutions.
Our Premium Billing solutions allow you to create unlimited plan designs and tier structures, with customizable eligibility, payment grace, and election periods. There are also unlimited options for subsidy and severance packages, and our solutions also accommodate all loss of coverage rules.
DataPath’s comprehensive account reconciliation (integrated cash management) enables you to track all payments received and remitted, create checks, and issue refunds to participants. You can even process payments by credit card, auto-draft, and checking or savings accounts through our online portal.
Our simple, straightforward “third-party payer” feature allows an entity other than the named policyholder to be invoiced for premiums. Specify the third-party billing entity during account setup, or create as needed per benefit billed. Receipts can be identified in the system by the actual payer, allowing any subsequent refunds to be made to the payer rather than the policyholder.
More Information about COBRA Administration, Direct Billing and Retiree Billing
COBRA and State Continuation – Frequently Asked Questions - The thought of losing your health insurance coverage can be terrifying. Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) and their answers regarding COBRA insurance and State Continuation health care coverage: What is COBRA? COBRA stands for the ... Read more
Retiree Billing – Finding the Right Solution - Retirement is a time for great celebration for most people. At the conclusion of a long and fruitful career, many people have plans to travel to places they’ve never seen, spend more time with their ... Read more
- Perform status changes from one screen
- Utilize easy undo function to reverse rate changes, qualifying events, elections and terminations
- Simplify batch processing of letters and reports
State-of-the-Art Fulfillment Services
- Generate documents and notices automatically per event timeline
- Store documents digitally and on the web
- Print original documents on demand
- Receive proof of mailing
Accessible Web Portal
- Access your account, 24/7
- Make online elections
- Communicate, report, and interface with employers and employees
- Enjoy first-rate customer support
- Automate compliance
- Choose from multiple delivery options, including web posting with email notification
- Submit CSV or Excel file formats